This is a seriously delicious dish that can be enjoyed hot or cold, so make a little extra for dinner and enjoy for lunch the next day.
For two portions you will need:
- Half an onion diced
- a can of mixed mexican vegetables (or sweet corn, green pepper and red pepper)
- a half a cup of diced celery
- a couple of thin celery sticks
- half a can of kidney beans
- two tablespoons of peanut butter
- a teaspoon of chili flakes
- a teaspoon of soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger
- 300g of chicken breast
- A large lettuce leave (optional)
Prepare you chicken breast by boiling it. Follow this simple technique. Once cooked cut chicken breast into squarish chunks. In a non stick fry pan, fry of the onions until they are translucent, add the ginger, soya sauce and chili flakes and stir. Immediately add the vegetables, celery, kidney beans, allow them to cook lightly if you are using fresh produce. You may want to add the celery a little later to keep it crunchy. Finally add your pre cooked chicken followed by the two teaspoons of peanut butter. Mix in well so that the peanut butter coats all the ingredients. Once everything is lightly coated, serve in a fresh lettuce leave, for additional freshness and crunch.