Hi! I’m Carla, the author of drdietright.com. This blog is my way of sharing my recipes, food knowledge and little things that I have learned about my body, food and exercise over the years.
- I’m Australian born, brought up in Gozo but living in Malta.
- I am a Level 2 REP certified fitness instructor
- I am currently studying to become a Metabolic Effect Personal Trainer
- My first sport was netball. I played GA.
- I started playing basketball with a U19′s boys team at the age of 11
- I won ‘prominent sport youth’ of Gozo at the age of 16
- I started working as a gym assistant at the age of 17
- In 2007 I played for the Maltese Under 19′s national team in a competition in Cyprus
- I still play basketball three times a week, but not competitively
- I love running and circuit training
- My favourite exercises are sumo squats, push ups and burpies.
- I love to eat
- I was a lacto-vegetarian for 7 years, then a boyfriend of mine bought me a steak to die for and that was the end of that teenage fad
- I love fresh produce
- My dad owns an organic farm
- If I can make it fresh, I will.
- I love my kitchen – it is so pretty and shiny!
- I love to travel
- I was very inspired by the book ‘Born to Run’.
I’m really creative in the kitchen. I can create some beautiful yet simple meals with no more than 4 ingredients and some seasoning. I get my creative streak from my dad, an organic farmer and jack of all trades, whose baked calamari will beat anything any chef will give you.
Are you a Doctor?
No. DrDietRight is just a domain name. I am not a doctor, I do not have any medical qualification but I know my body, I love food and I love exercising and keeping healthy.
You own the choices you make about your food. In a sense, you should be your own food doctor, because everyone’s body is different even though they’re all much the same, and no one knows more about your body than you do! Face it, you live every day with your body, so that should count for something! Only you know how much you exercise, how much you eat, what you like to eat and how fast you feel hungry again. All of this intimate knowledge of your body is important and you can use it successfully.